I love exercising – running, walking, swimming, cycling. In July, my watch app (Garmin Connect) invited me to run 80km (50 miles) throughout the month of July, here are a few things I was reminded of along the way!
- All progress is progress, no matter how small.
- 80km will look different to a lot of people. It won’t even look like a lot to some people, and they’d complete that within a week. Some people could tackle this with eight 10km runs or even less. Not me though. Some runs were as small as 2km, particularly at the beginning of the month. But eventually I was running 6 or 7km.
- The human body is amazing. A couple of years ago my ankles were really weak which meant I couldn’t run. I’ve slowly been building my strength with yoga and here we are!
- I am so thankful for my health.
- Running really helps me to manage my anxiety.
- Rest is essential. A rest day should not be deemed as a failure. Look after yourself today to look after yourself tomorrow.
- Finally, I still love a challenge!