MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT:
- Samaritans are available for immediate help (you can call, text or email)
- Online counselling – Kooth – BetterHelp
- Both services will treat you with the compassion and respect you deserve.
- Young Carers: Information on being a carer For advice for carers click here
- Carers UK: Carers support
- Marie Curie: provide care for people who need it. You need to go through a third party in order to secure it, ie. a GP
- For Uni students: you can reach out to your university’s counselling service, you will find this on most university’s websites
- The Grief Reality – Twitter – Instagram
- Teenage Grief Sucks – Teenage Grief Support
- Grief support in the UK: Coping with bereavement NHS – The Good Grief Trust
- Grief support in Canada: Circle of Care – Grieving Together
- Serenity Alliance – Deep Caring Support for Bereaved Individuals
- Flow For All – Forces Literary Organisation Worldwide
- The Loss Connection – Finding Passion and Purpose Beyond Grief and Loss
UK BASED FINANCIAL AID:
- Type in your postcode to find grants available for you, in your area (in the UK). Most of the time you need a third party to apply on your behalf. Turn2Us – My transition worker helped me to secure funding for online courses via the Elmsgrant Trust
- Gov.uk Universal Credit: Universal credit, how to claim, eligibility, etc.
LINKS THAT HELPED US:
- Bright Futures: support for young adult carers between the ages of 18-25 in Devon
- Devon Carers: Support for carers aged 5+ from Devon
- Balloons Charity: a charity based in Devon that provides post and pre bereavement support
- Maggie’s Centres – providing support for anyone affected by cancer. You can drop in anytime and there will be someone there who is willing to help and listen to you with whatever it is that you need. Maggie’s Centres also provide bereavement counselling for young people from toddlers upwards. I received support from Maggie’s while I was away at uni, there aren’t any in Devon yet, but still plenty across the UK!
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
YOU ARE SO LOVED.
YOU WILL BE OKAY.